INTRODUCTORY COURSE IN WESTERN HERBAL MEDICINE
Would you like to celebrate and deepen your connection with local plants, and recognise medicinal herbs when out for walks in the countryside?
Do you want to live in harmony with the seasons, knowing what herbs can be foraged safely and when, and how to process and store your harvested leaves flowers and roots?
Would you like to learn how to support your health by making your own natural remedies but aren’t sure where to start?
If you are ready to explore this special relationship with herbal medicine and you are looking for someone to guide you on a path of discovery, I would love to help! I would be delighted to walk beside you while you begin your herbal journey, and will support you in getting the most out of this unique learning experience, hoping it will ignite the same magical spark I felt when I was drawn to become a herbalist.
This year I am yet again offering a wonderful introduction to Herbal Medicine. The monthly live Zoom classes are recorded, so you can catch up any time, and all printed materials are available to download so that you can read through the information when best suits you.
So what’s the plan?
- An online course with plenty of herbal reading material which can also be downloaded as pdf documents and made into your very own herbal reference book.
- A lovely parcel sent out, with herbs to explore and discuss during the live classes.
- A dedicated online portal with all materials available for easy access and viewing.
- Links to recently filmed herbal videos highlighting the beautiful local countryside, its medicinal herbal plants and trees and recipe making.
- A fun and interactive MONTHLY online class where I will be sharing my knowledge using PowerPoint presentations, photos and videos with ample opportunity for exploration and discussion.
- A wealth of information, recipes and monographs, all available to download.
- The exploration of herbal medicine’s principles and practices, common ailments and remedies, energetics of plants, the nervous system, cardiovascular and lymphatic system, gut health, immunity, kitchen remedies and so much more.
- Every month will also see us focus on one specific herb relevant to the season, with an experiential tasting session.
- I will be available throughout the entire course via email for general questions on any of the topics covered. Each session will be recorded on Zoom for those who cannot attend the live class, and made available to all participants.
- All online material will be available for six months after the course ends, can be dowloaded to make your very own herbal guide.
Some of the topics explored will include:
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine and its Principles
- The Energetics of Herbal Medicine
- Herbal Plant Profiles
- Therapeutic Actions
- Hormonal Health
- Female Tonics
- Herbal Allies for Emotional Health
- Gut Health
- Digestive Bitters
- Healthy Skin
- Topical Applications
- Cardiovascular System
- Nourishing Tonics
- Respiratory Health
- Kitchen Remedies
Dates for the LIVE monthly online class
- Thursday 28th April 2022, 10.30 am to 12 noon
- Thursday 26th May 2022, 10.30 am to 12 noon
- Thursday 23rd June 2022, 10.30 am to 12 noon
- Thursday 21st July 2022, 10.30 am to 12 noon
- Thursday 18th August 2022, 10.30 am to 12 noon
- Thursday 15th September 2022, 10.30 am to 12 noon
The course will run with a minimum of 15 participants taking part. Due to the personalised approach of the course, I have capped the maximum number of participants to 20, so that each individual can receive full support throughout the course.
Cancellations are accepted up to four weeks before the start of the course with a full refund. Thereafter, costs cannot be reimbursed, but I am more than happy for tickets to be passed on to a friend.