INTRODUCTORY COURSE TO WESTERN HERBAL MEDICINE
Would you like to celebrate and deepen your connection with local plants?
Want to live in harmony with the seasons, knowing what can be harvested when, and how to process your herbs, flowers and roots?
Would you like to learn how to support your own health with natural remedies but aren’t sure where to start?
If you are ready to explore this special relationship with herbal medicine and you are looking for someone to guide you on a path of discovery, I would love to help! I would be delighted to walk beside you while you begin your herbal journey, and will support you in getting the most out of this unique learning experience, hoping it will ignite the same magical spark I felt when I was drawn to become a herbalist.
This year I am yet again offering a wonderful introduction to Herbal Medicine for beginners. The monthly live Zoom classes are recorded, so you can catch up any time, and al printed materials are available to download so that you can read through the information when best suits you.
So what’s the plan?
- An online course with plenty of herbal reading material which can also be downloaded as pdf documents and made into your very own herbal reference book.
- Links to recently filmed herbal videos highlighting the beautiful local countryside, its medicinal herbal plants and trees and recipe making.
- A fun and interactive MONTHLY online class where I will be sharing my knowledge using presentations, photos and videos with ample opportunity for exploration and discussion.
- A wealth of information, recipes and monographs, all available to download.
- The exploration of herbal medicine’s principles and practices, common ailments and remedies, energetics of plants, the nervous system, cardiovascular and lymphatic system, gut health, immunity, kitchen remedies and so much more.
- Every month will also see us focus on one specific herb relevant to the season.
- I will be available throughout the entire course via email for general questions on any of the topics covered. Each session will be recorded on Zoom for those who cannot attend the live class, and made available to all participants.
- All online material will be available for three months after the course ends, can be dowloaded to make your very own herbal guide.
Some of the topics explored will include:
- Introduction to Herbal Medicine and its Principles
- Herbal Plant Profiles
- Therapeutic Actions
- Hormonal Health
- Female Tonics
- Herbal Allies for Emotional Health
- Gut Health
- Digestive Bitters
- Healthy Skin
- Topical Applications
- Cardiovascular System
- Nourishing Tonics
- Respiratory Health
- Kitchen Remedies
Dates for the monthly online class
- Thursday 15th April 2021, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday 13th May 2021, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday 10th June 2021, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday 8th July 2021, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday 5th August 2021, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Thursday 9th September 2021, 10.30am to 12 noon
The course will run with a minimum of 15 participants taking part. Due to the personalised approach of the course, I have capped the maximum number of participants to 20, so everyone can receive full support throughout the course.
Cancellations are accepted up to two weeks before the start of the course with a full refund. Thereafter, costs cannot be reimbursed, but I am more than happy for tickets to be passed on to a friend.